Jesus said to his disciples:
"Do not let your hearts be troubled.
You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
In my Father's house there are many dwelling places.
If there were not,
would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back again and take you to myself,
so that where I am you also may be.
Where I am going you know the way."
Thomas said to him,
"Master, we do not know where you are going;
how can we know the way?"
Jesus said to him, I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.
If you know me, then you will also know my Father.
From now on you do know him and have seen him."
Philip said to him,
"Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time
and you still do not know me, Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?
The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own.
The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me,
or else, believe because of the works themselves.
Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,
and will do greater ones than these,
because I am going to the Father."
GOD BLESS ALL MOTHERS
From the moment of conception, mothers share the most precious gift with their children, the gift of life. We invite all expectant mothers to stop by the table in the narthex for a special gift of congratulations as you await the birth of your child. The Respect Life Committee also has a token of appreciation for all mothers on this
special day as well. Happy Mother's Day!
MASS TO HONOR GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
You are invited to join us on Sunday, May 21 at 11:00 am for a Mass to honor the graduating high school seniors in our parish. All graduates are asked to wear their caps and gowns and meet in front of the church by 10:50am so we can line up to process in with Father Whitman. All the graduates will sit in the front of the church in reserved seating and Father will call you up for a special blessing at the end of Mass. There will be a reception after Mass in the Parish Center for you, your families, and the people of the Parish. Please join us on this occasion to mark your graduation with your “Parish Family”.
The Card Ministry group will meet on Tuesday, May 16th at 7:00 pm in the Art Room. All are welcome to attend and help create cards for people on the Prayer List. Thanks to all who helped create cards for the First Communion Class and the Confirmation Class. Know someone who needs a lift? Just email their name and mailing address to Anita! If you have questions, contact Anita Geigley at 864-587-1436 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WELL READ MOMS
The next Well Read Mom discussion will be on Tuesday, May 16 at 7:00 pm in the Youth Cube. CS Lewis said his greatest work of fiction was "Till We Have Faces", his retelling of the classic tale of Psyche and Cupid. All women are welcome as we come to the end of our "Year of the Friend". For your summer read, try "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkien.
IN MEMORY OF: James V. Caggiano, Sr.
FROM: Carol H. Caggiano
CONTRIBUTION: Stanley Gomes
PRAY FOR OUR SICK, HOMEBOUND AND THOSE IN NEED OF PRAYERS
Tom & Laura Huesman
Jim and Annette Atkins
Karen Mitro Meyer
Mary Beth Lofton
Richard Tremmel, Jr.
TSgt. Brandi Tremmel, USAF
If you know of someone who is home-bound, in the hospital or a nursing home who would like to receive Holy Communion, please contact the parish office at 582-0674.
PRAY FOR ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY
· Jake Wood, USMC
· PV2 Collin Vandersommen, USA
· Airman 1st class Alex Quintero, USAF
· SSgt. Joseph Hartranft, USAF
· LCpl. Dylan Simpson, USMC
· Pvt. Drake Needs, USA
· Senior Airman Devin Needs, USAF
· Third Class Petty Officer Darian Needs, USN
· Airman 1st Class Imanol Ortega, USAF
· Col. John Leong, USA
· Sgt. Brandon Ray Pruitt, USMC
· TSgt. Billyjoe Welling, USAF
· Maj. C. S. Lavelle, USAF - ANG
· MSgt. Tyler Loftis, Air Force -NCANG
· Capt. Adam G. Farrar, USA
· Lt. Micah Shute, USN
· SSgt. Chad Michael Campbell. USA
· Ens. Otto A. Quintero, USN
WHITE WATER RAFTING
· All eighth through twelfth graders are invited to join us as we go on our annual White Water Rafting Trip.
· On Saturday, June 24 we will be going rafting in Hot Springs, NC. A company called French Broad Rafting Expeditions will guide us. The trip is a 9mile trip lasting 5 to 6 hours with class 1-1V rapids. The cost of this trip is $80.00 and includes a cook-out lunch. This should be turned in, with your permission slip and medical waiver, to the Parish Office no later than Sunday, June 14.
· We will leave St. Paul at 7:00 am and return between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Chaperones and drivers are needed for this trip!
· Shorts, modest swimsuits and t-shirts are recommended. Everyone must wear shoes or water sandals that have a heel strap. Don’t forget to bring a change of clothes (YOU WILL GET WET) and money for a quick snack on the way home. (Burger King or McDonalds)
· A Parish Permission Slip and a waiver from French Broad Rafting are required for everyone on the trip. These are available in the hallway of the Parish Center. For more information call 585-1858.
VBS 2017 IS A VICTORY CELEBRATION
At Mighty Fortress VBS, your children learn that in Jesus, the victory is won! They’ll look into the Bible, God’s Holy Word, and explore five Bible accounts about God, our Mighty Fortress, and the victory Jesus has won for us.
Registration is open for all children who will attend K4 through 5th grade in the fall. VBS is from June 19 to June 23 from 9am until 12noon. Come along with us as we sing fun songs, do crazy crafts, eat yummy snacks, play awesome games, and more. Plus, you’ll learn that in Jesus, the victory is won! Can’t wait to see you there!
Register now for Mighty Fortress Vacation Bible School! Fill out this registration form and put it in the box in the Narthex or turn it into the Church Office. For information, call 864-585-1858 or email
Bible Verses/ Music/ Crafts/ Snacks/ Games
Registration Fee $15.00
Dates– June 19-23, 2017
Place– Parish Center
4K through 5th grade
Please register by
Sunday, June 11, 2017.
REST IN PEACE
Margaret 'Marge' Rose Lane Byrnes passed into Eternal Life on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
Providing and promoting a family-centered Catholic approach to chastity education Family Honor – Summer Semester Registration Open One of the most merciful acts you can do as a Catholic in today’s culture is speak the truth in love about chastity, love, marriage and family. But how to begin? A good place to start is to register for Family Honor’s online course, The Truth and Meaning of Sexuality, Love and Family. The Summer Semester of the online course starts June 5 and since the course is not live, you have the flexibility to make it work with your schedule. For details, go to: https://familyhonor.org/online-course/ or call or email the Family Honor office: 803.929.0858 or email@example.com Registration deadline is May 26. Family Honor, created in 1988, provides and promotes a family-centered, Catholic approach to chastity education. The organization is based in South Carolina and has teams of adult presenters in SC and seven other states who deliver a variety of programs to parents and teens at parishes across the country.