Updated Pillar Goals
Use the link below to learn more.
New Pillar: Liturgy Pillar
Liturgy Pillar- Our mission has been to build a welcoming community through the liturgy by increasing
participation, increasing opportunities for faith formation, promoting reverence at Mass, and expanding
variety/diversity at Mass.
Leaders: Lauri Mitro and Bob Mahaffey
Participants: Mario Insabella, Bonnie Wacker, Kaitlyn Gibson, Columbus Thoms, Julia Slaughter, Youmi
Efurd, Ingeborg Haddox, John Roche, Francisco Alvarez.
Accomplishments and ongoing work:
1. Established a Liturgy Committee for the parish
2. Recruited more ministers, Extraordinary Ministers, Lectors, and Altar Servers
3. Working toward more multi-cultural diversity in our liturgies, e.g. the Feast of Our Lady of
4. Encouraging more reverence at Mass. As a start, we have added extended moments of silence
particularly during the Liturgy of the Word.
5. Incorporating additional musical diversity including new instruments.
6. In conjunction with the Communications Pillar, lectors will now introduce the Mass and make
any pulpit announcements before Mass begins.
We welcome feedback and suggestions from the parish.